The SCTA hosts multiple training and continuing education programs throughout the year through the Trucking Institute.
*OSHA-REQUIRED* TIRE COMPLIANCE TRAINING
January 28 (Columbia)
January 29 (Summerville)
Receive a workbook and certificate upon successful completion of training.
Instructor: Kevin Rohlwing, TIA
FMCSA FEBRUARY TRIFECTA: 2 DAYS, 3 WORKSHOPS
All at one location in Summerville... Attend 1, 2 or 3...your choice!
February 18 & 19
1. Complying with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
2. Reasonable Suspicion Supervisor Training
3. HazMat Certification/Re-certification
SMITH SYSTEM TRAIN-THE-TRAINER COURSE
2020 Safety Management Development Series
Required Meeting Dates in Columbia:
March 11 & 12
June 23 & 24
September 23 & 24
December 15 & 16
Topics: (may include others)
- Introduction to Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSRs)
- Putting together a company CMV safety plan
- Getting prepared for a "Compliance Investigation"
- Vehicle Accident Investigation
- Reading and understanding the South Carolina vehicle accident report
- Putting a company accident plan together
- Understanding Workers Compensation
- Everyday Transportation Safety Management
- Introduction to Risk Management