Coming this Fall to SC!
Be Pro Be Proud SC is a workforce development project designed to close the skills-gap in South Carolina. We are taking a unique, targeted approach to remove the stigma from “blue-collar” jobs with the goal of educating students and the public on the appeal and the importance of these jobs for our economy.
A custom-designed, military-grade, double-expandable semi trailer will be loaded with hands-on simulators of a variety of skilled trades including welding, truck driving, heavy equipment operation, diesel technician, lineman, and more. It will travel throughout the state to schools, fairs, career centers, conventions, government events, military re-entry programs, and more.
This project is the modeled after the Arkansas Be Pro Be Proud initiative, and is made possible through a public-private collaborative knows as the Associated Industries of South Carolina Foundation (AISCF). Capital to build the actual unit comes from AISCF, with DEW and other public sectors handling the costs to cover several years of operation.
We are grateful for the generous support of our sponsors.
Get your logo on the truck as we tour the state getting young people interested in skilled-trade careers.
Benefits of contribution:
- All donations are 100% tax deductible
- Invest in the future of South Carolina
- Encourage young people to be PROUD professionals in skilled-trades
- Logo recognition dependent on contribution level (Learn More)
- Free jobs posting on BeProBeProudSC.org website
- Be Pro 100: donate between $15K -$24K for special recognition