If you need immediate assistance:
- for general Titles & Registrations related issues or EVR, please contact Stephanie Ford - firstname.lastname@example.org or 803-896-4862
- for IMF, please contact Sathia Wilson - Sathia.Wilson@scdmv.net or 803-896-2610
- for Plate-related questions, please contact Paul Lumpkin - Paul.Lumpkin@scdmv.net or 803-896-9863
- for Research or Data Quality questions, please contact Clarissa DuBard - Clarissa.Dubard@scdmv.net or 803-896-6697
- for Motor Carrier issues, please contact Bridgette Bruce - Bridgette.Bruce@scdmv.net or 803-896-3870
- for General Inquiries, please call 803-896-5000
Commercial License Knowledge (Written Test) and Skills Testing
- Customers interested in taking commercial license skills tests must make an appointment at one of nine SCDMV branches able to accommodate this type of test. There was no change to this requirement during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- For commercial license knowledge tests, customers are not able to take knowledge tests after 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Automobile and Motorcycle License Knowledge (Written Test) and Skills Testing
- Branches accept walk-in customers for these types of license skills tests from 8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. every day except Wednesday. On Wednesdays, branch offices accept walk-in customers for these types of license road tests from 9:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Customers must make appointments to take regular and motorcycle skills tests from 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- Customers are not able to take knowledge tests after 4:00 p.m.
International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA)/International Registration Plan (IRP)
- No appointment is needed for IFTA/IRP renewals, but transactions must be completed at a Motor Carrier SCDMV branch.
- Customers are not able to renew IFTA/IRP credentials if they arrive after 4:00 p.m.
- To begin a new IRP and/or IFTA application via the SCDMV web service, click here. For more information on how to get started, read the New Account Portal user guide or contact Motor Carrier Services at (803) 896-3870.
- Each dealer/business customer can process up to three transactions per day at the front counter Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30 – 11:00 a.m. and 1:30 – 3:30 p.m., and on Wednesdays from 9:30 – 11 a.m. and 1:30 – 3:30 p.m.
- Each dealer/business customer is only allowed to have one transaction per day processed at the front counter on Mondays and Fridays from 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Dealers/business customers may drop off work in packets of 15 at any SCDMV branch on any day. The processing time for these packets is three days for a Dealer Central Branch Office, and five days for all other Branch Offices.